Apply now for the latest workshop developed by Magnum Photos in partnership with The British Journal of Photography, NGOs, Social Practice and Advocacy – How to use storytelling for social change, as part of our ongoing professional practice series.
Learn how Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) are using photography and visual storytelling in their work and what they are looking for from a collaboration with a photographer. Discuss developments in critical theory around issues of representation and community engagement, and the ethical considerations of using storytelling as a tool for social change. Discover how to use participatory and social practices, and how to stand out from clichés from some of the best experts in the industry including: Sim Chi Yin (Magnum Nominee), Alexia Singh (Podcast Writer, Producer, Save the Children), Anthony Luvera (Artist, Writer, Educator), Richard Burton, (Photographic Officer, Amnesty International).
This workshop offers:
• Practical advice and lectures from industry speakers about their specific area of expertise
• Group portfolio reviews including advice on work and professional development
• Peer, Magnum Staff and Industry Expert networking opportunities
Where & When
Magnum Photos, 63 Gee St, London EC1V 3RS
24th – 25th November, 9.30am to 5pm
The workshop will be held in English
£348 (incl. VAT) per workshop.
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
Each workshop is open to 40 applicants and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Click here to register for this workshop.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Sonia Jeunet email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
• All fees must be paid on application.
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel groups with less than 25 participants. Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 2 weeks advance notice.
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
• For International applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance.
• Refunds to applicants who wish to cancel their place on the workshop can only be given up to 21 days in advance of the date of the workshop. After this point, refunds cannot be issued.