Landscape Photography Workshop with Stuart Franklin in Oman
Improve your landscape photography with Magnum photographer Stuart Franklin during this intimate four-day shooting workshop
For the first time in Oman, Magnum photographer Stuart Franklin will lead a four-day workshop offering a unique and intensive photographic and traveling experience.
Intended for amateurs and professional photographers with a passion for travel and landscape photography, the workshop comprises four days spent alongside Stuart Franklin, as you shoot new work and develop your visual language, photographic identity, practical, technical and conceptual skills.
The workshop includes a two-day trip to the beautiful Ash Sharqiyah region with a stay-over on a farmstead, and is organized in partnership with Cure8.
The number of attendees will be limited to 12 and all participants will have a chance to have a one-on-one portfolio review with Stuart Franklin during the trip. Images will be reviewed at the end of each day to give the participants the opportunity to see their overall approach improve day by day.
Areas that will be covered during this Magnum Landscape Photography workshop:
– Mentoring by Magnum photographer Stuart Franklin
– Visual Style – Guiding you through technical, theoretical and aesthetic issues
– Individual portfolio reviews
"Oman is stunningly beautiful and makes a perfect location for a landscape photography workshop"
- Stuart Franklin
Where & When
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Thursday 25th October, Sunday 28th October
We recommend participants to arrive in Muscat on Wednesday 23rd October and leave on Monday 29th October.
The workshop will be held in English
Early Bird Price Offer: £700 (incl. VAT) before September 16th
Regular Price: £850 (incl. VAT) after September 17th
Price includes transportation on the ground to visit locations, a one night stay at a farmstead in Sharqiyah and lunches. It does not include accommodation in Muscat and travel to Oman.
Upon submitting your application you will be forwarded to Magnum’s Paypal account where you will be asked to pay a £200 deposit to book your place on the workshop. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been accepted within 3 days of your subscription.
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
The workshop is open to 12 participants maximum and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Students attending must be comfortable using their equipment and have their own laptop with Editing Software
Terms and Conditions
– There are a limited number of spaces on the workshop. Students will be selected based on the work they have submitted during their registration.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel this event with less than 7 participants. In the event of cancellation students will be given at least 2 weeks advance notice and a full refund.
– Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised.
– Travel insurance is mandatory.
– The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in Muscat or ground expenses. International participants are responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is canceled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets.
– Refunds to applicants who wish to cancel their place on the workshop can only be given up to 14 days in advance of the date of the workshop. After this point, refunds cannot be issued.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Sonia Jeunet: firstname.lastname@example.org