Six-day immersive photographic workshop with Antoine d’Agata in Tbilisi, Georgia
Develop your photographic voice and produce new work to be printed in a collective zine under the mentorship of the visionary Magnum photographer
This workshop, organised in collaboration with the Tbilisi Photography and Multimedia Museum, will give you the opportunity to explore Tbilisi under the guidance of Antoine d’Agata and make new work for publication in a collective zine.
This course is ideal for photographers wishing to broaden their perspectives and push the boundaries of their artistic practice. Throughout the workshop you will be pushed to consider what is at stake for you photographically, artistically and in relation to the world. You should consider how you can use this opportunity as a departure point to further develop your practice long after the end of the workshop.
Images will be reviewed at the beginning of each day and you will be expected to shoot during the rest of the day and evening. This workshop will challenge, guide and push you to find new responses to your ideas.
Due to the fast pace and duration of the workshop, you will need to have clear and realistic ideas on the story you would like to work on in Tbilisi for discussion.
Each student will receive one copy of the special edition group zine.
A copy of the zine will be added to the photographic library of the Tbilisi Photography and Multimedia Museum.
Sonia Jeunet, Magnum’s Education Manager, will be available throughout the workshop for individual sessions looking at the practical aspects of being a photographer such as having an online presence, creating a network, pitching stories, entering awards, and applying for grants.
This workshop offers:
– Mentoring by Magnum photographer Antoine d’Agata
– Individual portfolio reviews
– Group portfolio reviews
– Editing and production: learn how editing, sequencing and design can reveal narrative and meaning
– Zine workshop: design, print and make a collective zine from the work shot during the course.
Where & When
Tbilisi Photography and Multimedia Museum
14 Merab Kostava St,
From 31st March, 2pm till 5th April, 2pm with evening shooting and activities
The workshop will be held in English (French and Spanish also spoken).
We advise that the participants arrive on the 30th or 31st March in the early morning and leave late on the 5th, or on the 6th April.
Price: £1,300 (incl. VAT)
Payments in two instalments over a 2-month period are possible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
We offer one scholarship for a photographer coming from specific regions. Please see bottom of page for requirements on how to apply.
Selection and Requirements
Workshop open to 12 participants. The places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Click here to book your place on this workshop.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Dubheasa Lanipekun: email@example.com
Magnum Photos and the Tbilisi Photography and Multimedia Museum are proud to sponsor one scholarship for this workshop and are inviting photographers from the following regions to apply: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Iran, Turkey, Ukraine.
The successful candidate will be selected by the representatives of Magnum Photos and Tbilisi Photography and Multimedia Museum.
The successful applicant will be responsible for covering his/her expenses for the workshop (travel + accommodation).
Please send a portfolio of 20 images + a short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org using WeTransfer.
Deadline to apply is 9th February 2020, 23:59 UK time
Terms and Conditions
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel groups with less than 8 participants. Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 4 weeks advance notice
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised
• Travel insurance is mandatory.
• The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in Tbilisi or ground expenses.
• For International applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance
• Cancellations: Magnum will reimburse the totality of the ticket price is cancellation is made at least 21 days before the start of the workshop, minus a £50 administrative fee. We will charge 50% of the ticket price if cancellation is made between 15 and 21 days before the workshop and 100% of the ticket price if cancellation is made less than 15 days before the start of the workshop.