Size: 14" x 11"
Publisher: Magnum Photos(2006)
In 7 thematic sections - the seven deadly sins of fashion - Bruce Gilden paints a picture of our time. All high-tension, these sections mix reportage with fashion:
- POWER, or the ephemeral (funerals) juxtaposed with outward signs of wealth (“Arm Candy”)
- FAME’s bonfire of the vanities at various celebrations of fashion
- Cult of the BODY, with a boxing match, larger than life bodies in Brooklyn, and the worked-up bodies of dancers in South Central Los Angeles
- FANTASMES, sparked by an ideal figure, beauty parlors, and Kate Moss, the ultimate cover girl
- The EXCLUSIVE, a section that pays homage to the artisans of luxury
- The ILLICIT explores various underworlds
- And an ADDICTION section that brings together the magazine’s exclusive advertisements commissioned by Atmosphere, Baccarat, Christian Lacroix, Guru, HSBC, Herms, Krastase, Lacoste, Hypnose by Lancôme, Lavazza, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Marithe & Francois Girbaud, Paul Smith, Pierre Hardy, Dodo by Pomellato, shu uemura, Trussardi, and Viktor &Rolf perfumes.
Signed by Bruce Gilden