Cart is empty
Sign in / Register
< Back to collections by Josef Koudelka
Josef Koudelka - ISRAEL-PALESTINE. 2009.
17. Aida Refugee Camp, Bethlehem.
A poster of the Palestinian national poet, Mahmoud Darwish, adorns one of the 19 Palestinian refugee camps in the West Bank.
61. Kalya Junction, Near the Dead Sea | A crusader map mural.
Structures from the British Mandate (1922-1948) and Jordanian era (1948-19
2. South-East Jerusalem.
The Wall divides Palestinian neighbourhoods and suburbs from each other and separates them from the urban centre.
22. Route 60, Beit Jala, Bethlehem area. Gone?
When completed, approximately 85 percent of the Wall will run inside the West Bank, rather than along the Green
Around 120 obstacles block off the Israeli-controlled old City of Hebron (H1 zone) from the rest of the city (H2 zone). (Hebron-see Lexicon)
20. Har Homa settlement.
Har Homa settlement was established on a hill opposite Bethlehem in 1997, despite its designation as a non-residential 'green area' by
92. Beit She'an.
11. Mt. of Olives (At Tur), East Jerusalem.
The West Bank has over ten million olive trees with up to 100,000 Palestinian families depending upon the olive har
443. Golan Heights, Road N.98 | Chicane.
In the 1967 Israeli-Arab war Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria, a strategic plateau rising North-East of th
60. Kibbutz Yad Mordechai.
A reconstructed battlefield scene from the Israeli-Arab war of 1948.
9. As Sawahira ash Sharqiya, East Jerusalem.
Razor wire and cameras were added to the concrete wall to prevent Palestinians from climbing over it.
59. Golan Heights, off Road N.87 | Abandoned Syrian Mosque.
More than 200 Syrian villages including the old town of Quneitra were abandoned by their inhabitant
13. Givat Ze'ev (Agan Hayalot ) settlement.
The Wall extends 10 kilometres from the Green Line to encircle the Givat Ze'ev settlement bloc. (Settlement Blocs-s
49. Al 'Eizariya (Bethany), East Jerusalem.
Garbage accumulates in many areas along the 'Palestinian' side of the Wall.