Print Sales Department internship
• Be familiar with handling fine photographs of all print types – c-prints, gelatin silver, digital prints, cibachrome, etc.
• Update and maintain inventory database for modern and vintage prints in the New York office inventory room
• Perform image and online research
• Must speak English fluently
• Ability to multitask - must have superior organizational skills and strong sense of responsibility
• Must be able to work efficiently but carefully as main responsibilities involve handling fine art prints
• Must be proficient with Excel and PC
• Experience with Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat preferred
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills
• Must have knowledge of various photographic print types and terminology
1. Become familiar with Magnum photographers’ works – projects present and past
2. Pick-up & drop off prints to clients, photographers, studios, etc.
3. Pull and return prints to appropriate print drawers/boxes
4. Create an organized and accurate system for documenting prints in the inventory room
5. Create spreadsheets for each photographer which clearly lists the prints we have in the inventory room which can be updated easily when prints are sold.
6. Assist in any art fairs!
This is an unpaid internship. You will get hands on experience at a world renowned photographic co-operative. Internship hours and days can be discussed according to your current schedule. A commitment of 2 days a week for 3 months is required. We are open Monday – Friday from 9:30am to 6pm. Please send a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for the position.